The Book of Enoch: The Seers - Chapter 31

 

1.         After smelling these fragrances

I looked northward beyond the heights

and saw seven more pinnacles

full with fragrant trees

and herbs and spices

like cinnamon and pepper.

 

2.         I traveled over the summits

of all these pinnacles

on the universe’s eastern region

and crossed the Erythraean sea.

 

3.         After going far from there

I traveled by the angel Zotiel.

Then I arrived at

the Garden of Righteousness.

 

3.         From afar I saw numerous trees

and two great trees were also there.

They were beautiful and magnificent.

 

4.         On the tree of knowledge

was holy fruit eaten for wisdom.

 

5.         That tree is high as a pine tree

with leaves that resemble the Carob tree.

It’s fruit is like the grape clusters

so beautiful that its fragrance

travels abroad.

 

6.         I told them the tree was beautiful

and very attractive to look at.

The holy angel Raphael responded to me

saying that this is the tree of wisdom

which your elderly father

and your elderly mother

who came before you

did eat from this

and they gained great wisdom

and their eyes were opened

and they realized they were innocent

and were driven out of the garden.