The Book of Enoch: The Seers - Chapter 22

 

1.         Then I came upon a place

where events became chaotic.

 

2          There I saw something

that was devastating.

I saw neither heaven

nor the earth as a foundation.

 

3          It was chaotic and devastating.

And there I saw

seven heavenly stars

gathered around it.

 

4.         They were giant pinnacles

and they burned with flames.

 

5.         Then I asked them

what wrong are they suffering from

and why were they thrown in here?

The holy angel Uriel

who was with me at the time

and governed over them, responded.

 

6.         He asked me why I asked

and why was I so eager to know?

 

7.         He told me that this

is the count of stars in the heavens

that have ignored God’s instructions

and will thus be bound

to this world for ten thousand years

until their consequences are met.

 

7.         From there I traveled

to yet another place

that was more wicked than the previous

and I saw an awful thing:

 

8.         I saw a large fire there

that burned and blazed

with a breach spanning an abyss

crowded with giant columns of fire

with a magnitude I could not determine

nor could I guess it.

 

9.         Then I said I was afraid

of the terrible vision here.

And Uriel responded to me

and told me that a holy angel was with me

and asked why I was so afraid

of what I saw?

 

10.       Then I answered and told him

that it was a fearful place

and a spectacle of pain.

Then he told me that this place

was the prison of souls

and here they will be in prison

throughout their physical lives.