The Book of Enoch: The Seers - Chapter 19

 1.         I saw the wonders of the winds

and how He provisioned them

with all of creation

within the universe’s foundations.

 

2.         Then I saw the cornerstone

were the four winds

of heaven and earth.

 

3.         Then I saw the winds reach

into the spans of heaven

within pillars that stood

between heaven and earth.

 

4.         I saw heavenly winds

that curve the sun and stars

directing them

as they rise and set.

 

5.         I saw winds carrying clouds.

I saw the paths of angels.

 

6.         I saw end of the universe

and the firmament of heaven.

As I went I saw the place

where fires burn constantly

where there are seven pinnacles

filled with magnificent stones.

 

7.         Three of these face the east

and three face the south.

The east-facing pinnacles were colorful

with one shining of pearl

another with jacinth.

The south-facing pinnacles were red.

 

8.         But one in between

reached up into heaven

as if it were God’s throne.

 

9.         It was made of alabaster

and its summit made of sapphire.

 

10.       Then I saw flames of fire

and beyond these pinnacles

a region beyond the physical world

where the heavens were finished.

 

11.       There I saw a deep cavern

with plumes of heavenly flames

and among them I saw plumes

of the fire descending

beyond measure or similarity

for height and the depth.

 

12.       Beyond that cavern

I saw a place with no firmament

from the heavens above

and no earth as its foundation

and no waters upon it

and no birds above it.

It was a horrible waste land.

 

13.       There I saw seven stars

beaming like burning pinnacles.

 

14.       Then I inquired about them

and the angel told me

this is the end of heaven and earth

a restraint for the stars

and the host of heaven.

 

15.       Then the stars rose not

at their appointed times

but turned over the heat

that contradicted instructions

of the Almighty.

 

16.       He was not pleased by this

so they were restricted

and suffered consequences

for ten thousand years.