The Book of Enoch: The Seers - Chapter 18

 1.         Then they brought me to a place

where those there looked like flames

sometimes choosing to appear as human.

 

2.         They brought me to a dark place

and a pinnacle that drew to heaven.

 

3.         Then I saw the lights of the sky

and the glories of the stars

and the thunderous depths.

 

4.         I saw a fiery bow and arrows

within their quiver

and a sword of fire

all lit up.

 

5.         Then they brought me to living water

and the fire of the west

which receives every sunset.

And I arrived at a river of fire

which flows as water

discharging itself

into the great west sea.

 

6.         I saw the great rivers

and came to the glorious river

along with the great darkness.

 

7.         I traveled to where no flesh dwells.

I saw pinnacles of darkness

of winter and also a place

where the deepest waters flow.

 

8.         I saw the headwaters

for all the rivers of the universe

and the deepest of the headwaters.