The Book of Enoch: The First Sign

1.         Enoch the servant of Jared

the servant of Cainan

the servant of Enos

the servant of Seth

the servant of Adam

saw a vision of wisdom.

 

2.         These are the first words of wisdom

I raised my voice to speak

to those who live on earth.

 

3.         I told the ancient people

and to those who come later:

 

4.         Hear the words of the Almighty

which I will tell you

before the Spiritual Lord.

 

5.         It might be better to speak

to the ancients

but we will not withhold introduction

for wisdom to those who come later.

 

6.         Until now this wisdom

has never been made available

by the Spiritual Lord.

 

7.         I received this by insight

for whatever pleases the Spiritual Lord

from whom my eternal life comes.

 

8.         Three signs were given to me.

So I raised my voice

and repeated them

for those who live on earth.

 

9.         The first sign:

When the assembly of the righteous appears

and the consequences are decided

for the actions of the self-centered

they are pushed into this world.

 

10.       Then the Almighty will appear

before the perception of the righteous

because the devoted do depend

on the Spiritual Lord.

 

11.       Then light will appear to the righteous

and the devoted ones

who live in the world.

 

12.       Where will the selfish dwell

and where will there be rest

for those who deny the Spiritual Lord?

It might be better

they had not been born.

 

13.       Secrets of the righteous will be revealed

and the selfish will be corrected.

And the unbelievers will be driven

from those who chose righteousness.

 

14.       Then those who descend to the world

will cease to have power and glory.

They will no longer see the spirit

for the Spiritual Lord shows Himself

to those who have devoted themselves

to be righteous and spiritual.

 

15.       When the kings and the strong die

they will be handed over

to the spiritually righteous.

 

16.       Thence they seek not forgiveness

from the Spiritual Lord

because their physical lives are done.

 

17.       Later the servants who chose spiritual life

will descend into the human race.

 

18.       It was then that Enoch received instructions

with zeal and respect

along with instructions

disturbing and remorseful.

 

19.       This is due to consequences

says the Spiritual Lord.

 

20.       Then a tornado picked me up

and put me at the edge of the universe.

 

21.       There I saw another vision:

Where the venerable and righteous dwelled.

I saw where His righteous angels rested.

 

22.       There they pleaded and interceded

with prayers for the servants of humanity.

Righteousness and mercy flowed from them

like water landing with dew

on the earth without end.

 

23.       In that place I saw the devoted one

having faith and righteousness.

I saw that he dwelled underneath

the wings of the Spiritual Lord.

 

24.       Thus righteousness prevailed over time

and without limit

before Him eternally.

 

25.       Every righteous person who chooses Him

will be strong as the light from fire

and will speak blessed words

praising the Name of the Spiritual Lord

and His never ending mercy.

 

26.       I wanted to stay there

and my soul longed to live there

to the degree of my allowance

in order to deliver me

to worship the Spiritual Lord.

 

27.       At that time I praised and glorified

the Name of the Spiritual Lord

with gratitude and glorifications

because He bestowed me

blessings and protections

for the Lord was pleased.

 

28.       My eyes stayed fixed on that place

and I glorified and praised Him, saying:

Praised is He from the beginning

and may He be praised to eternity.

Before the universe was created

He knows all of eternity

and all the lifetimes to come.

 

29.       The awakened praise You.

They turn to Your glory

and they praise and glorify

saying holy is the Spiritual Lord

Who fills the world with life.

 

30.       Then I saw the awakened.

They turn to Him

and praised Him saying:

 

31.       You are praiseworthy

and the Name of the Lord

will be praised for eternity.

 

32.       Then my mind was changed

and I could no longer see it.

 

33.       Then I saw innumerable ones

a multitude beyond count and comprehension

who worshiped before the Spiritual Lord.

 

34.       On the four sides of the Spiritual Lord

I saw four beings

different from the awakened ones

and I learned their names

because the angel that accompanied me

told me their names

and showed me their mysteries.

 

35.       Then I heard their voices

from the four beings

as they praised the Glorious Lord.

 

36.       The first voice glorified

the Spiritual Lord for eternity.

 

37.       From the second voice

I heard glorification of the devoted ones

who rely on the Spiritual Lord.

 

38.       From the third voice

I heard prayers to help

those in the world

along with glorification

of the Spiritual Lord’s Name.

 

39.       The fourth voice prevented

the selfish ones from coming

before the Spiritual Lord

to accuse those in the world.

 

40.       Then I asked the angel of peace

who accompanied me

and showed me the mysteries:

Who are these four beings

that I have seen and heard

and written about?

 

41.       Then he told me:

The first is Michael

who is merciful and patient.

 

42.       The second is Raphael

who governs diseases

and injuries among human people.

 

43.       The third is Gabriel

who governs all powers.

 

44.       The fourth is Phanuel

who governs repentance

and the promise of eternal life.

 

45.       These were the four angels

with the Spiritual Lord

and I heard their voices.

 

46.       Then I saw the mysteries

of the spiritual realm:

The divisions of the realm

and how the acts of people

are weighed and accounted for.

 

47.       There I saw the dwelling places

of His servants

and saw those lost ones

who deny the Spiritual Lord’s Name

being driven away.

 

48.       They were pushed away

by consequences they couldn’t dismiss

as determined by the Spiritual Lord.

 

49.       Then I saw the mysteries

of lightning and thunder

and the mysteries of wind

and how they separately blow

throughout the physical world

along with the clouds and rains

from which a barren world is wet.

 

50.       I saw there enclosed chambers

from which the winds were separated

the chamber of hail and wind

the chamber of rains and clouds

along with the atmosphere

that has covered the planet

since the beginning.

 

51.       I then saw the chambers

of the solar system

which moves planetary bodies

within a steady orbit

from which they do not deviate.

 

52.       They maintain this orbit

and move together

within a harmonious rhythm

for which they are bonded.

 

53.       The path of the sun moves

according to the command

of the Spiritual Lord

mighty is His Name forever.

 

54.       Then I saw this orbit

the moon’s seen and unseen path

which she travels day and night

establishing there a contrast

before the Spiritual Lord.

 

55.       They give thanks and praise

and they do not rest

their thanksgiving is their peace.

 

56.       For the sun constantly changes

as a blessing or a curse

and the path of the moon

gives light to the righteous

and darkness to the selfish

for the sake of the Lord.

 

57.       The Lord separated the light

from the darkness

and separated the souls of humanity

giving strength to the souls of the righteous

on account of the Lord’s righteousness.

 

58.       No angel can hinder this power

of consequences He’s provided

which essentially judges everyone

who stand before Him.

 

59.       Wisdom thus found no dwelling place

so a dwelling place was provided her

within the spiritual realm.

 

60.       Wisdom came forward to live

among the people of humanity

and found no place to stay.

 

61.       Wisdom then returned to her place

and sat down among the angels.

 

62.       Then selfishness presented itself

within her chambers.

She had repelled living there

just as rain might in the desert

and dew would in a land of thirst.

 

63.       Then I saw other lights

and stars within the heavens

and saw how He called them

each by their names

as He beckoned them to Him.

 

64.       I learned they were considered

according to their light proportions

the size of their regions

and the time of their appearances

and how their light revolved.

 

65.       Their orbital paths

reflect the angel number

and their trust in each other.

 

66.       Then I asked the angel

who accompanied me about this mystery.

I asked him what they are?

 

67.       Then he responded to me saying

the Spiritual Lord has showed you

their orbital meaning.

 

68.       These venerable ones dwell on earth

and trust in the Name

of the Spiritual Lord forever.

 

69.       I saw another mystery

with regard to the lights

showing how stars are created

and then become suns

inseparable from their new bodies.